Friday, February 6, 2015

Jumps!

I decided to venture on my own this week and I found myself at Jumps! This is how it went:

    As I walk into the restaurant there is a very homely and warm feel. A waitress comes up to me and I am seated and given a menu. Though I'm too amazed by the gigantic silverware to look at the menu right away. But when I do I am very disappointed, the menu is exceedingly small  with very few choices. Not really my cup of tea, but I do know that very fancy and good restaurants have these kinds of menu's so I have faith. I look throught the menu and I only understand about 10 out of the 20 things on the menu being 15 years old and all. But I order the good old fashioned French Toast with a side of bacon and a water. Obviously the water was nothing special, water is water. But the appearance of my meal when it was served was very promising. They also delivered hot syrup to my table, and my god that syrup was amazing, so sweet and the fact that it was hot made it all the better. The bacon was sizzled to perfection and had a very good ratio of meat to tasty fat on each strip with a mild crispyness. And when dipped in the syrup it tasted like the last supper in my mouth. The French Toast however tasted like a large soft piece of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. It had no special features other than too much cinnamon. There also was no powered sugar witch was disappointing and I received butter through plastic containers like I was at a Big Boy's. The meal was aberage at best overall. The main meal of the toast was a large dissapontment and made me leave thinking I could have a better meal made myself. I paid my bill, tipped and left. Reminding myself that people will pay a lot of money for poor food at a fancy and well known place. 

Overall: 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment